Publications of Information Systems Laboratory (ISL)
- Chrysakis, I. (2020). Data Protection, Privacy and Android Apps. Presentation and live hands on event at the DevStaff Meetup which focused on Privacy. December 10, Online, 2020.
- Chrysakis, I. (2020). How citizens can help improving personal data protection policies. Invited talk at a full-day workshop regarding GDPR and data protection that organized by Directorate of Secondary and Primary Education of Chania in collaboration with FORTH. 14 February 2020, Chania.
- Chrysakis, I. (2020). Mobile apps and Privacy Policies. What do I know as customer? How Much is Your Opinion Worth?. #CPDE, Campus Party Digital Edition in Greece, 9-11, July, Online, 2020.
- Chrysakis, I. (2020). Open Data for Better Life and Privacy. Open Data Webinar: what, why, when & how. Organized by the Region of Crete and the Greek Open Source Community “ΕΛΛΑΚ” in the frame of ODEON project. December 1-2, Online, 2020.
- Chrysakis, I. (2020). The CAP-A Best Practice: Towards Enabling a Privacy-Friendly Apps Market by Applying a Crowdsourcing-Based Evaluation Approach. Cybersecurity Leadership Summit 2020 (CCLS 2020), organized by KuppingerCole Analysts, 9-11 November, Online, 2020.
- Doerr, M., & Fafalios, P. (2019). Museums as Trusted Source of Knowledge: A Translation into Feasible Digital Services. In Embracing the virtual: European museums respond to the digital challenge", 21-22 November 2019, Acropolis Museum, Athens, Greece .
- Avgoustaki, A., Flouris, G., Fundulaki, I., & Plexousakis, D. (2019). Querying Data Provenance in the Internet of Things.. Invited poster for FORTH’s Research Summit, 2019.
- Flouris, G. (2019). Reasoning Technologies for Theoretical and Applied AI. Invited presentation for FORTH’s Research Summit, 2019.
- Chrysakis, I. (2019). Smart Applications, Digital Privacy and the CAPrice Iniative. Invited presentation at the Positive Science Day of Pagrition Private Secondary School, 22 February 2019, Heraklion.
- Chrysakis, I. (2019). The CAPrice Iniative and a Gamification Approach to Digital Privacy. Invited presentation at the Annual Safer Internet Day 2019 in Hellenic Ministry of Education, Research and Religious Affairs, 5 February 2019, Athens.
- Chrysakis, I., Flouris, G., & Patkos, Th. (2019). The CAPrice Initiative and the CAP-A project: A socio-technical approach to digital privacy. Invited poster for the Researchers Night, 2019.
- Flouris, G. (2018). A Collective Awareness Platform for Privacy Concerns and Expectations: CAPrice in the Making. Invited Talk for the Artificial Cosmoi and the Law Conference, 2nd edition, 2018.
- Chrysakis, I., Doerr, C., Flouris, G., Marketakis, Y., Minadakis, N., Papadakos, P., Patkos, Th., & Zeginis, Ch. (2018). CAPrice: A Collective Awareness Platform for Privacy Concerns and Expectations. Invited poster for TEDx University of Crete Event, 2018.
- Bikakis, A., Flouris, G., Patkos, Th., & Plexousakis, D. (2018). Sketching the Vision of Debate Web. Invited paper for the birthday volume for the 50th birthday of Leon van der Torre, “Leon50 - Arguing about Logic, Debates in Individual and Collective Reasoning”, 2018.
- Chrysakis, I. (2018). The CAPrice Initiative: A socio-technical solution to digital privacy. Invited presentation at the 6th Google GDG Dev Fest Greece 2018. 1, December 2018, Heraklion.
- Ymeralli, E., Flouris, G., Papadakos, P., & Roussakis, I. (2017). APOPSIS: A Web-based Platform for the Analysis of Structured Dialogues. Invited poster for the Researchers Night, 2017. Also appeared as an invited poster for FORTH’s Research Summit, 2017.
- Papadakos, P., Fundulaki, I., Flouris, G., Pitoura, E., & Tsaparas, P. (2017). BiasMeter: On Measuring Bias in Online Information. Invited poster for the Researchers Night, 2017. Also appeared as an invited poster for FORTH’s Research Summit, 2017.
- Patkos, Th., Flouris, G., Papadakos, P., & Chrysakis, I. (2017). CAPrice: A Collective Awareness Platform for Privacy Concerns and Expectations. Invited poster for the Researchers Night, 2017. A slightly revised version appeared as an invited poster for FORTH’s Research Summit, 2017.
- Flouris, G. (2017). Challenges in a Highly Interconnected Digital World: the Cases of Privacy and Digital Bias. Artificial Cosmoi and the Law Conference, Athens, 27 July.
- Flouris, G. (2017). Towards Ensuring Privacy in the Digital World: an Approach based on Collective Awareness. Invited talk, UCL seminar, 2017.
- Lilitsis , P., Patkos, Th., Flouris, G., & Plexousakis, D. (2017). Travel Companion: A Mobile System for Trip Assistance Relying on Artificial Intelligence and Augmented Reality. Invited poster for FORTH’s Research Summit, 2017.
- Flouris, G. (2016). Preservation Through Evolution Management: The DIACHRON Approach. Invited talk for the Final Dissemination Workshop of DIACHRON project.
- Kondylakis, H., Doerr, M., de Jong, G., & Oldman, D. (2014). X3ML An interface for sustainable management of data management mapping process. BM meet-up 'Semantics and Cultural Heritage', London, 2014 .
- Flouris, G. (2014). Evolution Management for Preservation. Invited talk for the PRELIDA Consolidation and Dissemination workshop.
- Flouris, G. (2014). Linked Open Data. Invited talk for the Workshop on the Provision and Use of Open Data, part of the Hack4MED of the HOMER project.
- Flouris, G. (2014). Machine-Interpretable Online Debates for a New Web Paradigm. TUWIEN-Comenius University workshop, November 2014.
- Flouris, G. (2013). Data and Knowledge Evolution. Tutorial in Open Data Tutorials, jointly organized with the 2nd International Workshop on Open Data (WOD-13), Paris, France, May 29-31, 2013.
- Flouris, G., Papakonstantinou, V., & Fundulaki, I. (2013). A Flexible and Powerful Access Control Model for Linked Open Data. Invited poster for the Research Summit of FORTH
- Flouris, G., Fundulaki, I., & Papakonstantinou, V. (2012). Abstract Access Control Model for Dynamic RDF Datasets. European Data Forum (EDF) 2012 took place in Copenhagen (Denmark) at the Copenhagen Business School (CBS), June 6-7.
- Plexousakis, D. (2012). Development and maintenance of correlated ontologies and their derivative products - experience with CIDOC-CRM for information integration in culture and science. Modeling Methods in Motion, 3rd Interlantional Workshop on Open Models, Vienna, Austria, September 2012.
- Christophides, V. (2012). Vassilis Christophides: Continuous Queries over Text Streams . Seminar Talk at INRIA/LRI research group OAK, Orsay, December 18.
- Plexousakis, D. (2010). i-lands: Improved Living Environments through Synergies of Ubiquitous, Evolvable & Intelligent Technologies. FET Flagships Science & Technology Forum, Brussels, June 2010.
- Flouris, G. (2009). High-Level Change Detection in the Semantic Web. 10th anniversary of the W3C Greece Office, Heraklion, Crete, Greece, 16 September.
- Flouris, G., & Konstantinidis, G. (2008). Formalizing the Evolution Process. In BOEMIE 2008 Workshop on Ontology Evolution and Multimedia Information Extraction (BOEMIE-08), Koblenz, Germany, 2 December .
- Plexousakis, D. (2006). Evolving Ontology Evolution. 32nd International Conference on Current Trends and Practice in Computer Science (SOFSEM 2006), Prague, Czech Republic, Janurary 2006.
- Plexousakis, D. (2006). RDF Querying: Language Constructs and Evaluation Methods Compared. invited lecture at Reasoning Web Summer School, Lisbon, Portugal,, September, 2006.
- Plexousakis, D. (2004). Knowledge Management on the Semantic Web. International Conference on Practical Aspects of Knowledge Management (PAKM04), Vienna, Austria, December 2004.
- Plexousakis, D. (2004). Querying and Viewing the Semantic Web. 30th International Conference on Current Trends and Practice in Computer Science (SOFSEM 2004), Prague, Czech Republic, Janurary 2004.
- Plexousakis, D. (2003). Semantic Web: Myths and Reality. Onassis Lecture Series in Computer Science, Heraklion, Greece (with V. Christophides), July 2003 .
- Plexousakis, D. (2002). Querying the Semantic Web. EU-NSF Workshop on Database and Information Systems Research for Semantic Web and Enterprises, Amicalola Falls, Georgia, 2002, April 3-5.
- Plexousakis, D. (2001). From Digital Libraries to Web Portals. Digital Libraries Workshop, University of Crete, May 2001.
- Plexousakis, D. (2001). Reasoning about Database Dynamics in the Situation Calculus. 3rd Panhellenic Symposium on Logic, Anogia, Greece, July 2001.
- Plexousakis, D. (2001). Thematic Web Portals: the Case of Science and Technology Museums. Network on Cultural Informatics, Athens, Greece, June 2001.