Publications of Computer Architecture and VLSI Systems Laboratory (CARV)
Papers in Proceedings (full-paper reviewed)
- Papagiannis, A., Saloustros, G., Marazakis, M., & Bilas, A. (2016). User-Space I/O for μs-level Storage Devices. High Performance Computing, ISC High Performance 2016 International Workshops ExaComm, E-MuCoCoS, HPC-IODC, IXPUG, IWOPH, P3MA, VHPC, WOPSSS , Frankfurt, Germany, (vol. 9945 LNCS, pp. 638-648). Springer.
- Gonzalez-Ferez, P., & Bilas, A. (2015). NUMA impact on network storage protocolsover high-speed raw Ethernet. Proceedings of: Second International Workshop on Sustainable Ultrascale Computing Systems (NESUS 2015), Krakow , Poland, 10-11 September (pp. 83-93).
- Dolev, S., Fatourou, P., & Kosmas, E. (2013). Abort Free SemanticTM by Dependency Aware Scheduling of Transactional Instructions. 5th Workshop on the Theory of Transactional Memory TransForm/EuroTM WTTM 2013 , Jerusalem, Israel, October 13.
- Baryannis, G., Garefalakis, P., Kritikos, K., Magoutis, K., Papaioannou, A., Plexousakis, D., & Zeginis, Ch. (2013). Lifecycle Management of Service-based Applications on Multi-Clouds: A Research Roadmap. in Proceedings of the International Workshop on Multi-cloud Applications and Federated Clouds (MultiCloud 2013).
In conjunction with 4th ACM/SPEC International Conference on Performance Engineering
Jointly organized by FP7-ICT projects MODAClouds, PaaSage and ARTIST, Prague, Czech Republic , 21st to 24th April 2013.
- Bushkov, V.B, Dziuma, D.D, Fatourou, P., & Guerraoui, R.G (2013). Snapshot Isolation Does Not Scale Either. 5th Workshop on the Theory of Transactional Memory TransForm/EuroTM WTTM 2013, Jerusalem, Israel, October 13.
- Ellen, F., Fatourou, P., Kosmas, E., Milani, A., & Travers, C. (2013). Wait-Free Universal Constructions that ensure Timestamp-Ignoring Disjoint-Access Parallelism. 5th Workshop on the Theory of Transactional Memory TransForm/EuroTM WTTM 2013, Jerusalem, Israel, October 13.
- Dolev, S., Fatourou, P., & Kosmas, E. (2013). Abort Free SemanticTM by Dependency Aware Scheduling of Transactional Instructions. Proceedings of the 8th ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Transactional Computing (TRANSACT), Houston, TX, USA , March 17.
- Chinis, G., Pratikakis , P., Athanasopoulos, E., & Ioannidis, S. (2013). Practical Information Flow for Legacy Web Applications. Proceedings of the 8th Workshop on Implementation, Compilation, Optimization of Object-Oriented Languages, Programs and Systems, ICOOOLPS'13 , Montpellier, France, July (pp. 17-28). ACM.
- Skarlatos, D, Pratikakis , P., & Pnevmatikatos, D. (2013). Towards Reliable Task Parallel Programs . 5th Workshop on Design for Reliability (DFR 2013)
, January 21-23. Berlin, Germany.
- Akram, S., Marazakis, M., & Bilas, A. (2012). Energy Inefficiency of Operating System Layers for Data-centric Infrastructures. 2nd workshop on Systems for Future Multi-core Architectures (SFMA'12). In conjunction with Eurosys'12, April 2012. Bern, Switzerland.
- Chalkiadaki, M., & Magoutis, K. (2012). Managing Service Performance in NoSQL Distributed Storage Systems. Proceedings of the 7th Middleware for Next-Generation Internet Computing (MW4NG) Workshop of the 13th International Middleware Conference 2012, December 3-7. Montreal, Canada.
- Akram, S., Marazakis, M., & Bilas, A. (2012). NUMA Implications for Storage I/O Throughput in Modern Servers. 3rd Workshop on Computer Architecture and Operating System co-design (CAOS'12). In conjunction with the 7th International Conference on High-Performance Embedded Architectures and Compilers (HiPEAC'12), , January 2012. Paris, France.
- Pratikakis , P., Vandierendonck, H., Lyberis, S., & Nikolopoulos, D.S. (2011). A programming model for deterministic task parallelism. Proceedings of the 2011 ACM SIGPLAN Workshop on Memory Systems Performance and Correctness, MSPC '11, San Jose, California, (pp. 7-12). New York, NY, USA: ACM (978-1-4503-0794-9).
- Akram, S., & Bilas, A. (2011). A sleep-based communication mechanism to adapt processor utilization in distributed streaming systems. In 2nd Workshop on Computer Architecture and Operating System co-design (CAOS'11). In conjunction with the 6th International Conference on High-Performance Embedded Architectures and Compilers (HiPEAC'11), Heraklion, Greece, January 2011.
- Passas, G., Katevenis, M.G.H., & Pnevmatikatos, D. (2011). VLSI Micro-Architectures for High-Radix Crossbar Schedulers. Proc. 5th ACM/IEEE Int. Symp. on Networks-on-Chip (NOCS 2011), Pittsburgh, PA, USA, 1-4 May (8 pages). (978-1-4503-0720-8).
Papers in Proceedings (abstract reviewed)
- Ploumidis, M., Psistakis, A., Asiminakis, M., Xirouchakis, P., Gianioudis, M., Peristerakis, P., Chaix, F., Papaefstathiou, V., Chrysos, N., & Katevenis , M. (2018). Exploiting the ExaNeSt Communication Primitives for a High Performance MPI Library. ExascaleHPC: the ExaNoDe, ExaNeSt, EcoScale, and EuroEXA projects, in conjunction with the HiPEAC 2018 Conference, Manchester, UK, 23 January.
Key-note addresses (Talks)
- Katevenis, M.G.H., & Chrysos, N. (2016). Challenges and Opportunities in Exascale-Computing Interconnects. 1st International Workshop on Advanced Interconnect Solutions and Technologies for Emerging Computing Systems (AISTECS 2016),
held in conjunction with the HiPEAC 2016 Conference
, Prague, Czech Republic, 18 January.